design case: Landscape designer Kim Wilkie
Orpheus at Boughton, Northamptonshire: one of the landscape design projects completed by Kim Wilkie. Image copyright: Kim Wilkie.
Landscape architect Kim Wilkie is recognised as a world-class designer, with 20% of his work coming from overseas clients.
Established in business since 1989, and now based in both London and Winchester, Wilkie has won a raft of awards including:
- 2012 Garden Media Guild Inspirational Book of the Year
- 2009 Royal Designer for Industry
- 1999 United States EDRA Award for Place Design
- 1987-1997 Country Life Centenary Award
- 1996 Royal Town Planning Institute – Planning Achievement in London
Asked why he has chosen to remain based in the UK, Wilkie says: "Landscape architecture is at heart of English culture and instinctively understood by politicians and public alike."
Above: Kim Wilkie collaborates with architects and landscape architects around the world.
For more information visit, http://www.kimwilkie.com/