"Putting a spotlight on creative businesses through events like London Fashion Week is essential. Encouraging creatives to be creative entrepreneurs and to innovate is a must for future success."
Dame Natalie Massenet,Chairman British Fashion Council
"London Fashion Week is about presenting our designers. London is known for its creative talent and for its modern designers from Christopher Kane, Erdem, Roksanda, Simone Rocha and J.W. Anderson to the global brands such as Burberry, Mulberry and Anya Hindmarch.''
Caroline Rush OBE, Chief Executive British Fashion Council
"British Fashion education is the top in the world, the absolute gold-standard. The fact is that it is excellence of fashion education which has put our country in pole position. Without it London Fashion Week would be robbed of 3 out of 4 of the talents and entrepreneurs it has today. The British Fashion Council Education Foundation aims to do our best to keep the doors to fashion education open. It aims to attract the best talent into the industry and ensure the future success of British fashion and the influence of its designers."
Sarah Mower MBE, Trustee of the British Fashion Council Education Foundation
LFW February 2017 facts
- 50 per cent of the designers behind brands on the show schedule were born outside of the UK, representing 42 brands.
- The UK media value of the event's publicity is estimated to be worth more than £160m.
- The Designer Showrooms at London Fashion Week is the central sales hub to the week.
- Orders worth more than £100m are generated each season.
- London Fashion Week contributes over £30m to the London economy each season.
- Catwalk shows during the week are streamed live to a worldwide audience.
Source: British Fashion Council
More information at http://www.londonfashionweek.co.uk/