London Games Festival brings developers and players to capital
With Hammersmith-based Gram Games as its headline sponsor, the London Games Festival 2018 programme delivers a city-wide event encompassing the many facets of the gaming genre.
The London Games Festival programme covered 40 events across the city including the Trafalgar Square Games Festival, Now Play This, LGF HUB, Games Finance Market, BAFTA Games Awards and EGX Rezzed.
- A Fireside Chat with Gram Games
- An extended-length presentation by Bossa Studios featuring co-founder Henrique Olifiers and lead programmer Luke Williams, a live performance of the Worlds Adrift soundtrack, gallery installation and a big reveal.
- A range of keynote panels on the future of esports, interactive storytelling and 21st century games design, supported by partners including Events DC, The Third Floor and V&A.
- The Ensemble exhibition, supported by the British Council, on the work being done by games industry creatives from BAME (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic) backgrounds.
- 30 other speakers talking and teaching at events dedicated to Play Innovation, Games Funding, Working Culture and Artificial Intelligence.
The London Games Festival is expected to have attracted over 50,000 people across a mix of 40 public events for consumers and industry professionals in a programme the covers mobile, PC and indie games, VR and AR, esports, and fun and fascinating new forms of interactive entertainment.
London Games Festival is delivered by Games London, a partnership between the capital’s screen industries agency Film London and games trade body Ukie. Games London is funded by the Mayor of London’s London Enterprise Action Panel, with its funding recently renewed for a further three years.
The London Games Festival programme can be found at www.games.london.